Thursday, February 1, 2018

Blog #4 UDL Representation

1.How can Principle 1: Multiple Means of Representation be effectively integrated into your teaching?
In my future class to effectively provide mulitple means of representation, I can provide options for perception. I can provide many alternative options for audio and visual information. For audio alternatives I can provide closed captions as well as the sound. I can write out instructions and goals for everyone to see not just say the directions. For visual alternatives I can provide descriptions for videos and images shown in class. I can also play books on tape instead of follow along reading for those who have a hard time seeing text in a book. Language and symbol meanings should be provided in class everyday. I can be sure students understand sentence structure and syntax, math notations, and promote options for cross-linguistic understanding. In my class I need to provide options for comprehension. I can provide/activate background knowledge. I can help students by highlighting big ideas and critical points. I can provide options that support memory and transfer. These examples I will use everyday in my class to integrate multiple means of representation in my teaching. 


How will this help your students?
What are your goals with regard to this topic?
If I integrate mulitple means of representation into my future class it will help all students. Since all students comprehend and receive information differently, it can help everyone learn the best they can. It will help my students get the most out of their education and make it meaningful to them. I want to make sure I integrate UDL everyday in my class. I want UDL to be useful and help all of my students succeed and do their best.

Works Cited
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment