Friday, April 14, 2017

TikiToki: 5th Grade Social Studies


Reflection:
For Tiki Toki I made a timeline about the civil war. This tool is very useful to make timelines about important events in history. This tool is a good visual for students to see important dates on a timeline, and when things happened in reference to other things. I can have my students use this tool to create a timeline about their own life, or some important event in history we are learning about in class. I think that this tool is nice and it is really just a good visual. I think however there are a few cons to Tiki Toki, I think that for sure older students would have to use this tool, it would be too hard for younger students to understand. I like that it is free, but you have to pay to upgrade to get everything you would really want, like embedding. I also thought adding pictures to the event was a little difficult.

Standards:
UEN standard: 5th grade social studies: standard 4, objective 3, students will identify key leaders and events of the Civil War.
EdTech standard:eight: Students will use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
ISTE standard: Knowledge Constructor: Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.





Link



















No comments:

Post a Comment