Saturday, April 15, 2017

Animoto: 1st Grade Science


Reflection:
I really liked Animoto. I think it is a great tool to create videos/ slide shows, there are so many different ways to create exactly what you want. I can use this in my future class to make videos about different topics we are learning in class. I can have my students create videos for fun with this, or even about themselves. I thought that this tool was extremely easy to use and understand. There are a lot of resources inside of animoto as well. For example they have pictures and mini videos that you can add into your slide show, without having to go on to the internet and try to find a picture or video. I thought that was very nice. I didn't like that you have to upgrade in order for the water mark to go away, so its free, but you don't receive all  the potential benefits. I also didn't like how you were only allowed very few characters in the text portion. I would have liked to be able to write more on some of them.

Standards:
UEN standard: 1st grade science: standard 2, objective 3, students will identify characteristics of the seasons of the year.
EdTech standard:eight: Students will use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
ISTE standard: Creative Communicator: Students communicate effectively and express themselves creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and digital media.


















No comments:

Post a Comment