Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Blog #1: Equity and UDL

From the image shared in class I learned not all students are equal when they first start school. The reality is some students know way too much starting kindergarten, some students are right where they should be, and some students know almost nothing at all. Equity is when all of the students starting school are at the same level. Equity is ideal and is the where students hopefully are when they start school.
Universal design for learning is universal curriculum that can be used and understood by everyone. UDL is an approach to learning that minimizes barriers and helps all students learn. Research says that everyone learns differently and learning is as unique as your finger print. UDL can easily be integrated into my teaching. The first thing I can do is always remember the goal of what I want my students to learn by the end of the lessons. I can also use the three ways mentioned in the video. The first way is to offer information in multiple ways. The second way is to give students plenty of options to express what they know. The last way mentioned is to provide means that will motivate and challenge all learners. When I use UDL in my future class my students will be able to learn in a way that will help them get the most out of what is being taught. With this topic I hope to use the three ways in every lesson I possibly can. UDL really helps shape my vision for empowered learning for my future students. If my students are able to learn at their best rate, and get the most out of learning they will become stronger, and more confident in their skills and abilities. Through UDL my students can become empowered learners.





No comments:

Post a Comment